Social27’s gamification takes the form of badges and points, which users can “win” when interacting with other attendees, sponsors, sessions, and much more. Event Owners can determine which actions are incentivized for their event.
Points and badges earned by users appear on the Leader board on the Networking Lounge page.
Earning Badges & Points
Badges can be earned based on the activities listed in the tables at the end of this article.
Most activities can be associated with multiple badges based on the number of times a user performs that activity. For example, you can award a badge when a user has watched 5 sessions, another when they watch 10 sessions, etc.
You can award users a set number of points for each time they repeat an activity, including:
- Session viewed
- Session in which they ask questions
- Surveys and polls completed
- Sponsor booth visited
- Sponsor resource downloaded
- Connections made
- Badges can only be awarded for the first time sign- in if Social27 is hosting the registration for the event.
- Badges cannot be awarded for some specific actions, such as attending specific session tracks, or session types (live / on demand); attending specific Roundtable/Boardroom types (public/private/sponsored); connecting with specific user types (speakers/sponsors/attendees); or engaging with specific AOIs.